- Contestants must be in 6th, 7th or 8th grade.
- Contestants must attend public, private or home school in the United States.
- Contestants can enter their writing submission on their own or have a teacher or parent submit their entry.
- Contestants can only submit one entry for each category (Fiction and Non-Fiction).
- Entries must be in English.
- Entries must be the original work of the contestant. Plagiarism is strictly forbidden.
- Entries must be in response to this seasons Fiction or Non-Fiction Prompt (see below for details)
- Entries should be between 400 and 1200 words.
Contestants can choose between the Fiction or Non-Fiction prompts to write their entries.
Write a fictional story about a school bully in which the bully ultimately learns to be kind to his/her peers. How did the bully learn the importance of kindness? What influenced his/her decision to change his/her behavior?
Write about a time you were kind or supportive to someone else. Why did you do what you did? What was the result or reaction to your kind actions? How did you feel doing something kind for someone else?